It’s very easy to leave things out when planning a wedding, so I have created this stationery checklist to make it easier for our brides and their wedding co-ordinators to decide on all their stationery needs without wasting time!
Part 1 : Before the Ceremony
Save the Date Cards – These are useful for interstate/international guests to plan their trip or vice versa if you are having a “destination” wedding. It is best to send out save the date cards up to one year before the wedding and no later than 6 months prior.
Wedding invitations give your guests an insight into the style and nature of the wedding. Not only does it provides your guests with information on date, time & location but it also tells them how to dress & who to bring.
Most importantly, your invitations are a window where your guests can peek into the world which you are creating for your dream wedding. It sets the tone and style so they know what to expect.
Aside from the obvious details such as time, date and place, invitations could include the following:
- Maps – Can be an additional card or stay within the main invitation. Maps are great for guests who are not familiar with the area. Although most guests these days have GPS navigation systems, your maps can include more detailed information such as parking and where to enter the venue. This will help your guests arrive on time!
- Wishing Well Cards – If you are not having a gift registry, it is best to include a wishing well card suggesting a monetary gift from your guests. This eliminates duplicated or unwanted gifts.
- Gift Registry Cards – Whether your Gift Registry is at a department store or online, having this information in your invitation will help your guests find the perfect gift for you.
- Additional Information – If your wedding is overseas or somewhere exotic, you may include additional information for your guests such as clothes to pack, vaccine information, etc.
- Accommodation – Some guests may need to travel long distances to be at your wedding. For these guests, accommodation details are necessary to help them find a good place to stay. Some hotels also offer discount package prices for wedding guests. This can be included in the accommodation details.
- RSVP Cards – Whether it’s a small or large wedding, RSVP Cards are absolute gold when preparing your guest list. If done right, you won’t need to chase up your guests for more information – such as dietary requirements and whether they are bringing a partner. RSVP Cards are a big time saver for the busy bride.
Part 2 : The Ceremony
Large Format Entry / Welcome Sign – If your venue has many different entrances or is quite large, an entry sign is a perfect way to show your guests which way to go.
Order of Service Booklet / Ceremony Program – These programs will aid your guests in following the ceremony rituals from beginning to end. It is also a great way to explain the meaning of certain traditions if you are having an ethnic or traditional wedding. Ceremony programs are a wonderful keepsake for guests.
Bomboniere / Thank You favours – These are great way to say thank you, especially for the guests who are not coming to the reception
Petal Cones / Confetti Holders – Petal cones are a lovely way for your guests to shower you with their blessings as you leave your ceremony.
Part 3 : The Reception
Large Format Entry Sign – Again, if your reception has many entrances or is in a large venue, these large signs can direct your guests easily to the reception.
Large Format Table Seating Chart – If you are planning on seating your guests in a pre-organised seating arrangement, this sign at the front of your reception will guide them to the required table. Lava Stationery can supply these charts in the same theme as the rest of your wedding stationery, and up to A3 in size. Most reception venues will have their own stands to put these in but why not create a point of difference and set it up in a beautiful picture frame that can be re-used later?
Bomboniere / Wedding Favours – Spoil your guests with gorgeous wedding favours and bonbonniere! There are many ways to thank them for attending your special day. We can supply tags for lolly buffets, chocolate boxes, or if you prefer a more decadent gift there are always beauty products, candles and jewellery too. Your bonbonniere can also double-up as a place card, which will leave the tables less cluttered and save you money.
Place Cards – These are perfect if you have strict seating arrangements. If individual place cards are not your thing however, your guest names can be printed on their bomboniere, individual menus, or as part of a list on a 3-panel feature menu.
Menu – A good way for guests to know what food they will be eating! Lava Stationery can create individual menus or larger feature menus to suit your theme.
Table Numbers – These are great for advising your guests which table they are sitting at. Table numbers can be incorporated into your place cards or menus if you do not wish to have a standalone table number.
Guestbook – A must have for all wedding functions! Whatever theme you choose, Lava Stationery can create a matching guestbook in a number of sizes and thicknesses.
Thank you tags – ‘Thank You’ tags are a nice way to tell your guests that you appreciate their presence on your special day. Tags can be attached to your wine glass, on your bomboniere or incorporated into your place cards.