So you have a big job ahead of you and need to seal a million fresh wax seals (ok maybe I’m exaggerating a little here), but have you noticed that your wax stamper gets really hot after stamping a couple of seals?
The worst thing about sealing wax is the waiting time for the wax to harden. It takes a really long time if your stamper is hot.
This little tip helps speed up your wax sealing time!
You will need the following:
- Some paper towels or absorbent napkins
- A little bowl of ice cubes (make sure you have extra ice cubes in the freezer to replace these when they melt)
How to do it:
- Melt your wax onto the surface you’re going to stamp on
- Stamp the wax seal
- After you remove the stamper from your wax seal, take the stamper and dip it into the bowl of ice, touching the ice cubes.
- Dry the stamper by patting it on the napkins or paper towels.
- Every 15-20 mins you will need to refill the bowl with fresh ice cubes because they will melt.
Making your stamper ice cold, will dry the wax in record time!
Here’s a little video that shows you how I do it.
I hope this helps! If you have any questions, just let me know